Friday, August 31, 2012

Longevity of Love: Boris Kodjoe & Nicole Ari Parker- Kodjoe

Ever wondered about the institution of marriage and how to truly achieve maintenance, and consistency. Well in order to find those answers you would be better serve hearing it from true experts. In experts, I do not necessarily mean "accredited" ones whom provide therapy. Not @ all. The ones I speak of, provide example. Take Boris Kodjoe and Nicole Ari Parker for instance. The couple grace this months edition of Rolling Out











Courtesy of Rolling Out


What’s been the easiest and hardest part of parenting and marriage?

Nicole: Being a parent is the hardest job ever in life. Raising children uses every bit of your being — your heart, your time, your patience, your foresight, your intuition to protect them, and you have to use all of this while trying to figure out how to discipline them.
It takes its toll on a marriage as well. The time that should be spent with each other after the kids have gone to bed is usually spent face down, in your clothes, on the sofa with the remote control in your hand. It’s exhausting … but we’ve been married for seven years, and I think that the greatest challenge but also the greatest gift, is understanding that I’m way more capable than what I think I am. You have to work hard not to take your partner for granted, even when you are tired. We have a special needs child, so we also have to get up in the middle of the night and check on her. So, I’ve been pushed to the limits that I thought I had, and I’ve gone beyond those … that’s been the greatest gift throughout this journey with my husband.

Boris: As far as our marriage goes, again it’s all about priorities. We make sure that we put in some sexy time, and we go out on date nights and spend quality time together, because we were here first. Everything else is a reflection of that. If she and I are good, then everything else is good. So it’s very important that we put in the time to cherish each other.

Take Notes!

Catch the rest of the interview here:

http://rollingout.com/covers/boris-and-nicole-love-never-looked-this-good/

No comments:

Post a Comment